Strategic Planning Revitalization
- Virtually every organization today conducts some form of strategic planning. It is considered one of the key functions of effective leadership. These plans, are, for the most part clear, well-constructed and present a useful pathway to future aspirations.
- However, the realization of these plans fails too often to achieve the intended outcomes as a result the fatal flaws.
- An absence of a powerful and compelling statement of the organization’s purpose (Mission Statement)
- The plan is too long, has too much emphasis on the details, trying to cover all the bases of opportunity and contingencies.
- There is little effort to ensure that those responsible for execution of the plan are designated as accountable.
- Promises to deliver on specific actions steps are neither requested or made.
- People rarely realize the appropriate consequences, either positive or negative.
PMP brings its long history of effective skill training for the key leaders in how to develop a consistent, useful tool in managers hands that leads to the organization’s growth and prosperity.